B2Gnow, one of the fastest growing companies in the country (Inc. 5000, 2013 & 2014), is seeking a Software Developer to join our team of exceptional individuals. The focus of this role will be to support software development, quality assurance, testing, and documentation of the B2Gnow system.
B2Gnow provides software to governments of all sizes that streamlines and improves the effectiveness of their supplier diversity programs. We offer a fun and professional environment, and while our business is very stable (founded in 1999), we operate more like a startup. (Welcome, entrepreneurial-minded!) B2Gnow’s web-based SaaS platform supports a load of thousands of simultaneous users and transactions in a completely secure environment. Our solutions are offered as a robust, hosted system that requires no additional hardware or software, and minimal training and implementation expenses.
Be a part of a team that directly helps the nation’s disadvantaged and small businesses get a fair shot in the government’s bidding process.
Location: near Central & Osborn (Phoenix)
Position Type: full-time employee, onsite only
Compensation: Open, depending on experience and skills
Technology and Activities
- Perform testing, document testing outcomes, and resolve problems/errors
- Support release of updates
- Write HTML/CSS/AJAX by hand and with industry-standard tools
- Work with development team to implement new modules and features
- Write and update related technical documentation
- Participate in design and development activities for new features and modules
- Design and program stand-alone engines
- Convert legacy VB to current standards for .Net environment
- Visual Studio (of course)
- SQL Server 2012: database structure, procedures, views, and jobs
- SQL Reporting and Analysis Services
Attributes We Love in our Developers
- Use Source Control Effectively
- Can solve algorithm-type problems
- Can program in more than one language – enjoy bringing legacy code up to state-of-the art standards
- Understanding of design patterns and good communication of ideas
- Effective debugger and problem-solver
- Knowledge sharing - you love disseminating wisdom and best practices
- Exceptional attention to detail and robust documentation skills
- Ability to focus on details to produce a reliable product
- Detail-oriented; quick learner
- Professional appearance; writing and presentation skills required
- Degree strongly preferred
- Experience with virtualized environments (AWS)
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
- Optional dental and vision
- Life insurance
- 401k program with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Great working environment and team
If you meet the requirements above and want to work in an entrepreneurial environment where you’re able to contribute and make a difference, please contact us. Unlimited opportunities for the right person!
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin ancestry, age, medical condition, disability, veteran status, marital status, or other prohibited factors under applicable federal, state and local laws.