B2Gnow, one of the fastest growing companies in the country (Inc. 5000, 2013 & 2014), is seeking a Software Developer to join our team of exceptional individuals. The focus of this role will be to support software development, quality assurance, testing, and documentation of the B2Gnow system.
B2Gnow provides software to governments of all sizes that streamlines and improves the effectiveness of their supplier diversity programs. We offer a fun and professional environment, and while our business is very stable (founded in 1999), we operate more like a startup. (Welcome, entrepreneurial-minded!) B2Gnow’s web-based SaaS platform supports a load of thousands of simultaneous users and transactions in a completely secure environment. Our solutions are offered as a robust, hosted system that requires no additional hardware or software, and minimal training and implementation expenses.
Be a part of a team that directly helps the nation’s disadvantaged and small businesses get a fair shot in the government’s bidding process.
Location: near Central & Osborn (Phoenix)
Position Type: full-time employee, onsite only
We maintain sophisticated web-based software tools for very large governments. We currently have over 75 servers in 4 co-location facilities - 3 in downtown Phoenix, 1 in Northern California. Operating systems are W2k3 (Standard & Enterprise) with SQL Server 2005. IIS is used for web page delivery, and is coupled with VB DLLs and .NET framework. SQL Reporting 2005 (standard and ad-hoc) is a core part of the data manipulation, and there are several custom “engines” that monitor and process data.
- Contribute to product
- Guide development and system administration team
- Participate in the development of key modules of system
- Manage and tune SQL databases
- Maintain technical documentation
- Manage and plan release processes
- Develop scripts to automate processes
- Drive priorities and deadlines to completion, not just record and manage them
- Effectively communicate and escalate issues, roadblocks, and risks to management, while maintaining responsibility for their resolution
- Must be proficient in communicating with all team members, technical and non-technical
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience
- .NET framework (2 or higher)
- SQL Server 2005: database structure, procedures, views, DTS, and jobs
- SQL Reporting & Analysis Services
- Windows Server 2008/2003 & IIS 7/6
- Familiarity with networks, Cisco equipment, and load balancing strategies
- Expert knowledge of typical packages, such as Office, Project, SourceSafe, Visual Studio, Visio, etc.
- Well organized, self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and robust documentation skills
- Can perform with shifting priorities, demands, and timelines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Team player
Attributes We Love in our Developers
- Use Source Control Effectively
- Can solve algorithm-type problems
- Can program in more than one language – enjoy bringing legacy code up to state-of-the art standards
- Understanding of design patterns and good communication of ideas
- Knowledge sharing - you love disseminating wisdom and best practices
- Experience with virtualized environments (AWS)
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
- Optional dental and vision
- Life insurance
- 401k program with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Great working environment and team
If you meet the requirements above and want to work in an entrepreneurial environment where you’re able to contribute and make a difference, please contact us. Unlimited opportunities for the right person!
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin ancestry, age, medical condition, disability, veteran status, marital status, or other prohibited factors under applicable federal, state and local laws.