Panther Privacy Statement
Last Updated: December 14, 2018
Your privacy is important to us. Panther provides grant and data management solutions to state and federal agencies. This privacy statement explains what personal data Panther collects from you, through our interactions with you and through our products, and how we use that data. We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving our solutions. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
The Personal Information collect by Panther collected may include but is not necessarily limited to:
- Registration. If you desire to have access to certain restricted sections of our solutions or request to receive marketing materials, you may be required to become a registered user, and to submit the following types of Personal Information to Panther or is solutions; your name, email address, phone number, full user name, password, city and time zone.
- Communications. We may use your Personal Information to contact you regarding marketing materials or the use of one of our solutions.
- Contact Information. You might provide us with your contact information, whether through use of our solutions, a form on our website, an interaction with our sales or customer support team.
- Usage information. We collect usage information about you whenever you interact with our website and solutions. This includes which webpages you visit, what you click on, when you perform those actions and so on.
- Device and browser data. We collect information form the device and application you use to access our solutions. Device data mainly means your IP address, operating system version, device type, system and performance information, and browser type. If you are on a mobile device, we also collect the UUID for that device.
- Information from page tags. Like many websites, we also user “cookie” technology to collect additional website usage data and to improve the site and our Service.
- Log Data. Like most websites today, our web servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers. The log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses, internet service providers, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTMP pages graphics, etc., operating system versions, device type and timestamps.
How Panther Uses and Shares Information
Panther does not sell, lease or rent the personal Information you share with us with third-parties. However, the information you provide maybe used by us or shared with third-parties for any of the following purposes (and please note that not all of the uses listed below maybe relevant to you): With your consent (when required), we may use and share the Personal Information we collect to: provide, support and improve the Panther solutions; deliver correspondence, communications, training, or software that you request or purchase; process orders; confirm licensing compliance; solicit your feedback; and inform you about the Company and the products and services of our distributors, re-sellers and promotional partners.
Also, we may use your Personal Information as described below.
We may analyze your Personal Information and other information in aggregate form which does not identify you personally.
We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing hosting and network services, information technology support, and customer service. These other companies will have access to the Personal Information we collect only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
Also, as you brows our site or use one of our solutions, our web servers collect non-personal information about your visit for the operation and improvement of the Panther solutions, to track site trends and statistics, and to prevent product license abuse. Via server logs, we monitor statistics such as the number of visitors to our Sites, which pages on the Sites that people visit most often and from which domains visitors come to the Sites. While we gather this type of information, none of it is associated with you as an individual. We use these statistics to improve our solutions, monitor their performance, and to make it easier for you and other visitors to use them.
Informed Consent to Data Collection and Processing
Panther will rely on current and prospective customers to determine what information they would like to receive about our products and services and partners and will inform all visitors to our websites of their rights regarding information collection and tracking and provide the ability for an individual to amend their selections in the future.
Our Security Practices
Panther employs industry standard security measures to ensure the security of information. However, the security of information transmitted through the Internet can never be guaranteed. Panther is not responsible for any interception or interruption of any communications through the internet or for changes to or losses of information. Users of our solutions are responsible for maintaining the security of any password, user ID, or other form of authentication involved in obtaining access to password protected or secure areas of any of our websites. To protect you and your information, Panther International may suspend your use of a website, without notice, pending an investigation, if any breach of security is suspected. Access to and use of password protected and/or secure area of any Panther site is restricted to authorized users only. Unauthorized access to such areas is prohibited and may lead to criminal prosecution.
We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures designed to help prevent unauthorized access, to maintain data security, and to use correctly the Information we collect online. These safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of the information that we collect and store. We also use administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information. While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the personal information you provide to us, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Therefore, we cannot guarantee complete security if you provide personal information.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive. A session cookie enables certain features of the Site and our service and is deleted from your computer when you disconnect from the or leave the Site. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to a solution. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. Most Internet browsers automatically accepts cookies. Panther and it’s products may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to better understand how you interact with the site and our solutions, to monitor aggregate usage by our users and web traffic.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our solutions.